Monday, October 24, 2011

Nassau the Bahamas

I have just recently visited Nassau the capital of the Bahamas. I arrived there on a cruise ship and found the harbor area very friendly and secure.

When you enter the arrival terminal there is a free Wi-Fi zone located in the middle in a small gazebo. I think the Wi-Fi zone extended out quite a ways because I saw many passengers from the cruise ships on their computers throughout the terminal. There were many small shops offering such items as hats, T-shirts, straw baskets all your typical tourist type items.

If you want to explore the island there is no shortage of transportation as you may rent a scooter or hire a taxi right at the port. I took a taxi to the hotel Atlantis the fair was four dollars a person when returning to the port I took the ferry which was only three dollars per person. I enjoyed the marketplaces and beaches and found the people very friendly. So if you get a chance to visit Nassau don't pass it up you will be pleasantly surprised.