Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This week I had to travel to Miami, Florida from Cocoa Beach. On my way back, I decided to take the scenic route on A1A. I was glad that I did for we ended up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This is enchanting and we found a beautiful beach with clear blue-green water and sugar white sand. Even though it was getting late in the season, we did find quite a few tourists who were enjoying the beach. The area had the usual amenities such as beach chairs and umbrellas for rent as well as jet skis and paddle boats.We had lunch at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant which was a pleasant experience. We dined in their outdoor patio to enjoy the beach views and sunshine. The food was well prepared and tasty. I tried their spicy shrimp with garlic bread and their special hush puppies. Both were very good and quite affordable. If you are traveling on the scenic route along the coast, be sure to stop at Fort Lauderdale. There are many restaurants and activities to choose from. You won't be disappointed.